Monday, July 2, 2007

Let's ease back in here...

After an unexpected hiatus of several months, let's ease back in here. This is the kind of thing that, if you let go for a bit, creeps up on you- a little bit of time goes by, and then a little more, and before you know it a bunch of little times has become a big chunk of time and you've got an abandoned house. So here we are, back to sweep out the cobwebs.

A lot has happened in the past six months. For me, art-wise, it went like this:


Not to forget my radio interview with Eva Lake.

And that's just the first half of the year.

Plus, I'm also beginning working with a new gallery in Ireland, Haydn Shaughnessy Gallery: "Artists who use new technology to create powerful, compelling and collectible new imagery."

And you, Joanne, have a whole ton of stuff that's happened so far this year, and that will be happening the rest of the year.

So we're busy, and even busier than just the list above appears, because making the work, and making the connections, and getting the work to the place it will be shown, and maybe traveling there too, well, there's a whole lot going on behind the scenes to make it all happen.

But so far, 2007 is not a bad year.

During the past six months I have been mostly preoccupied with figuring how I want to print and show the HTML images. I hit on a small solution for now- small prints hung in grids. That exploratory work isn't over- still a lot more to be done. It could get bigger, stronger, shinier, more finished, and more expensive. I'm not sure where it's going. I'm also trying to find my way back into painting after this period.

I'm a little stunned by the Shapiro turquoise piece you show in the last post- I use that color, the gradation, the pyramid motif- I thought it was my image for a bit. It's a little hard for me to believe that this painting was made in the sixties- the imagery and color seems so much a part of computer monitor, the flickering screen, the backlit luminosity, that I have to ask- where did this come from? Do you have any other info?

No comments:

Post a Comment