Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Drawing Center

Nice post, Chris. And I really like the HTML drawing you showed with it. There are so many reasons to like that work: the luminous color, the grid-based format with its play of vertical and horizontal in counterpoint to the horizontal and vertical, the richness within the overall sense of reductiveness. Drawing, painting. Tomato, potato.

Have you considered showing this series to the Drawing Center next time you come East?
They have a one-on-one viewing program ,http://www.drawingcenter.org/artreg_viewingprog.cfm, for artists who are not affiliated with a New York gallery. You make an appointment. Then you bring a selection of work to the Center for a free consult with a curator. It’s hit or miss in terms of the feedback and the results. I did it some years back, and I didn’t feel I got much out of the dialog, and absolutely nothing came of it curatorially. But other artist friends have felt hugely helped by the dialog, and several were invited to participate in group shows there.

I'd written a much longer post, with images, but I've been having trouble with the Blogspot post and I lost everything--pictures, text and all. This is a great picture-posting system when it works, but when it doesn't, it reall sucks. More later. I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment